Life 'n Balance
Naturopathic medicine is a unique and comprehensive approach to optimizing health and treating illness. The naturopathic philosophy is to stimulate the body to heal itself by identifying and treating the root cause of a particular condition. It is based on the understanding that the human body is a complex mechanism held in a delicate balance through natural processes such as metabolism, optimal cellular function and efficient organ function. Symptoms of illness signal that our balance is disturbed. Each person has an innate healing power, and the role of the Naturopathic Doctor is to remove obstructions to this healing power and facilitate it through gentle, non-toxic therapies.
Naturopathic Doctors look at the patient as a whole, considering the physical, emotional and mental aspects of their health; and by doing this will consider the many different possible underlying causes.
The role of the Naturopathic Doctor is to educate, empower and motivate patients to take an active role in the their own health. Rather than focus on illness, in naturopathic medicine, the doctor and patient, embark on a journey of wellness together.
Naturopathic Medicine can treat conditions such as:
• Arthritis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia
• Cardiovascular problems - hypertension, high cholesterol, palpitations
• Digestive problems – bloating, heartburn, gas, constipation, IBS, gallstones
• Skin conditions – acne, rashes, eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, dry skin
• Allergies, Asthma, Sinusitis, Colds, Flus
• Headaches, Migraines
• Women’s Health –menopause, PMS, fibroids, endometriosis, cramps, PCOS
• Depression, Anxiety, Mood disorders, Stress
• Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s disease, Candida
• Hyperthyroidism, Hypothyroidism, Adrenal imbalances
• Diabetes, Hypoglycemia
• Urinary tract infections
• Neurological Concerns
• Weight loss and Weight management
• Fertility - male and female
• Pregnancy concerns – repeated miscarriages, nausea, constipation, heartburn, leg cramps, wellness questions, nutritional consultations, strep B, labor prep, induction treatments
• Post partum – episiotomy healing, uterine tonification, infection prevention, after pains, cesarean scar prevention and minimization
• Breastfeeding – thrush, sore/cracked nipples, milk production
• Childhood concerns – colic, diaper rash, colds and flu, ear infections, bloating and gas, constipation, diarrhea, eczema, allergies, ADD/ADHD, autism