Life 'n Balance
Counselling uses an integrated approach when working with individuals, which includes Solution Focused Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy. In addition, our counselor, Katerina offers Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR). EMDR is a unique therapy that targets trauma, stress, anxiety, depression, and more. Katerina can also help with self-esteem, pain management, anger management, interpersonal relationship challenges, developmental delays, parenting challenges, and addiction. She can work with adolescents and adults either individually or through couples counselling.
Physiotherapists works with clients of all ages and with a wide range of health conditions. Whether it’s pain management and rehabilitation from an acute injury like a sprained ankle, or management of chronic conditions such as diabetes or heart disease, a physiotherapist can help. But physiotherapy is not limited to rehabilitation of injury and the effects of disease or disability. A physiotherapist also provides education and advice for health promotion, disease and injury prevention.
Physiotherapy treatments can include the following:
- Personalized exercise programs designed to improve your strength, range of motion, and function
- Dry needling/IMS (intra-muscular stimulation)* (new)
- Joint mobilization and manipulation to reduce pain and stiffness
- Hot and cold packs and modalities to relieve pain, reduce swelling, speed up the healing process, improve movement and function
- Airway clearance methods to assist people with breathing difficulties
- Skin and wound care
- Management of incontinence including pelvic floor re-education
- Functional activity and tolerance testing and training
- Work and occupational re-training and return to work planning
- Prescription, fabrication and application of assistive, adaptive, supportive and protective devices and equipment
- Environmental change, focusing on removing barriers to function
Physiotherapy is different for each patient - here's how you can get the most out of your treatments.
Understanding your pain and how physiotherapy can help you.
- Information about Physiotherapy from the Canadian Physiotherapy Association